Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 4, 2016

To all teachers!

I wrote this poem, when I was in grade twelve about to graduate. I had a very tough time in middle school and high school and at times as sad as it sounds, quite often the teachers were the only people I spent time with. 

I wrote this for them for my graduation, as a thank you letter.  All of these words, I could also be for my college professors, as they helped me through alot as well.

Teachers are what we need more of in this world. Teachers that are there to help and to love us unconditionally, to show us that we can achieve anything we set our minds to! 
______________________________________

As a child;
You were my second guardians. 

You were there to heal my pain, 
There to listen ALL my stories,
There to help me build memories.

As I grew up;
You were my defenders.

You were there when no one was,
There when they would laugh, 
There when I was lost, 
There to always lend a hand, 
There to stand up for me. 

As my last year is at its end, 
You are my role models.

You'll be there when I accept my diploma,
You'll cry with pride,
You'll watch what I've become.

Now I see;
You've always been my teachers.

When you were always there,
You never gave up on me, 
You encouraged me,
You gave me confidence!

With everything you did for me, 
You listened, 
You had faith that I'd find my way.

It has made me who I am to this day. 


As a sign of deep gratitude, 
Thank you.
For always believing,
For your love and devotion

.

No comments:

Post a Comment